Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In what alternate universe do I live in where Evan Rachel Wood is hotter than Christina Hendricks?

Today I signed onto AIM and stumbled upon this: http://dashboard.aim.com/aim/galleries/50-hottest-redheads?icid=aimDBPromoOne_1 . It is a list of the so-called "50 Hottest Redheads in Hollywood," with an anonymous author who I would suspect is a legally blind person.

Ignoring the previous 48 contenders before
them, I scrolled onto #2 on the list, the lovely and incomparable Christina Hendricks who plays Joan Holloway on AMC's Mad Men. Below are some candids of her to prove her near-perfection:















Now, I was curious as to who could be #1. Nicole Kidman pre-botox, Kate Winslet circa Titanic or even
Milla Jovovich in The Fifth Element would have been debatable and interesting choices. Instead, I am greeted with a version of this:


























Evan Rachel Wood, who first burst on the scene brilliantly in Thirteen and has since become famous for dating and breaking up with Marilyn Manson. I will give you that she was indeed beautiful in Thirteen and even Across the Universe, but she was blonde in both. Here, and in the photo the AIMers chose (which was more unflattering, check it out), she almost looks like a drag queen because she's wearing so much make up.

But maybe I'm wrong, and this is what the standard of Hollywood beauty now looks like. Give me your best argument that #1 is hotter than #2, and I will happily listen before dismissing the argument entirely on the basis of logic.


Images found via Google and Flickr.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Evan was brilliant in Thirteen, but even before then too! Did you ever see her as Sela Ward's daughter on Once and Again? She played the first queer teenager on ABC-it was huge!

Anonymous said...

The number one picture on AIM's 50 Hottest Redheads looks like a male mannequin, complete with cheap wig and excess tranny makeup.