Sunday, March 7, 2010

Liveblogging the Oscars! 8:30-9:30 p.m.-ish

I've had my brownie, my Bailey's is in my mini fridge, and I am hunkered down and ready to go. I may post this every hour to break it up, but we'll see, anything can happen. Fun fact: I thought the Awards started at 8 pm so I wrapped up my blogged picks and flew down the stairs, so I apologize for the past and future spelling errors.

Setting: Nicole is laying on the chaise lounge, watching the HD showing of the Oscars. She has a plan to liveblog while also drinking milk. But can she also do two loads of laundry? Only time will tell.

8:30 p.m.: NPH in sequins! Yes, please!

8:34: "The biggest pair since Dolly Parton."

8:38: "What's up with all the Hitler memorabilia?" Genius.

8:44: Pene presents Best Supporting Actor, kind of surprising since Supporting Actress is usually first. I guess they're back to showing clips of movies and only having one presenter. Kind of a really long clip for Matt Damon, can they keep this going for the whole show? They're really showing a lot of all the movies, not leaving a lot to the imagination. This is taking quite a long time.

And the winner is: CHRISTOPH WALTZ. Yippee! Uber-bingo!

8:50: Ryan Reynolds to present The Blind Side for Best Picture. Ay dios. Thoughts so far: It's going to be a looong night if they continue to show clips that long for each nominee. More Baldwin-Martin!

8:55: Playing "Someday My Prince Will Come" for Cameron Diaz is fairly cruel. She and Steve Carell present clips from animated movies? At least Ed Asner's adorable.

And the winner is: UP!. Vunderbar!

9:00: Amanda Seyfried and Destiny Hope Cyrus need to stand up straight. They present Best Original Sons, which is now just showing the clip of the movie with rehearsal footage with the song playing. Thank god Colin Farrell followed Nine, that would have been unbearable otherwise.

And the winner is: RYAN BINGHAM AND T BONE BURNETT- THE WEARY KIND

Yes! It truly is a wonderful song and completely made the movie. Does this mean that Colin Farrell has a de facto Oscar now since he performed it? T Bone is way too cool for school.

9:05: Chris Pine presents District 9 as Best Picture. Somebody thought Star Trek would be nominated! This District 9 clip is probably going to be the highlight of the first hour of the ceremony. I can't believe it's been over a half hour already and they've only given out three awards. 2:00 a.m., here we come.

9:12: Robert Downey, Jr. and Tina Fey present Original Screenplay. RDJ is killing it! Perhaps he should host next year?

(I'm cheering for The Hurt Locker) AND THE WINNER IS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE HURT LOCKER!

Ooh Guy Pearce is in the audience! (I can always smell him out). Jane Seymour just eye-effed Jason Bateman, who is sitting next to her.

9:17: Molly Ringwald and Matthew Broderick for a John Hughes memorial tribute. It's funny that, except for the hair, Matthew hasn't aged.

9:23: Samuel L. Jackson to present Up as Best Motion Picture. Rhetorical question: Which movie will win Visual Effects? Will it be Avatar, James Cameron's Avatar, or Avatar: Legend of Pandora?

9:27: Carey Mulligan and Zoe Saldana present The Short Film Awards. AKA more clips. Though the Devil Wears Prada clip is much appreciated.

BEST ANIMATED SHORT GOES TO (I PICKED A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH): LOGORAMA. Weak sauce, that just blew my chances. Though I do appreciate the font choice.

DOCUMENTARY SHORT GOES TO (I PICKED THE LAST TRUCK): MUSIC BY PRUDENCE. Man I really am not doing well in the unknown categories this year. Last year I only missed two (out of all awards). Oooh, first playoff of the night, how exciting.

LIVE ACTION SHORT (I PICKED MIRACLE FISH): THE NEW TENANTS.

9:37: Ben Stiller, as a Na'Vi, to present Best Makeup. And ze winner is, (I'm going to call Star Trek)...STAR TREK.

9:43: Jeff Bridges to present A Serious Man as Best Picture nominee.


No comments: