Monday, June 22, 2009

Crush of the Month- Belated May

When I was trying to think of a Crush of the Month for a belated May post, I could only think of a tie for two people who have exploded in June. So, the second will be saved until next week's post but for now here is the first, even though I really became obsessed with her in June, you all can suck my technicalities.

Lady Gaga, born Stefani Angelina Joanne Germanotta, is a goddess. She is my Crush of the Month not just for her looks (she has a hell of an ass)- I also have a crush on her being. She sings like hell, writes her own songs all the while wearing incredible outfits that most people could not even dream of. She was on the cover of Rolling Stone for their annual "Hot Lost" issue wearing nothing but a clear corset and bubbles. Needless to say when I rushed to my Target to pick up a copy it was the only magazine turned around.

I love that she is a total artist and has not yet been swept up by "the Man" in interviews- she seems genuine and hellbent on becoming a younger generation's Madonna (and I do not say that lightly). Her videos are gorgeous and I sometimes listen to various remixes of Poker Face on repeat for days on end, all the while admiring how gorgeous she looks in paparazzi photos while wearing nothing but spankies or nipple tape.

I hope she can live up to my hype and remain the hottest thing around, but for now I will suffice to trying to get a ticket whenever she goes on tour near me whilst fighting the urge to act like a 12 year old girl and buy a platinum wig and slip on some latex knickers to "Gaga" myself out.


Images found via Googling and Rolling Stone's website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur. She is well on her way to becoming the new Madonna. Though Madonna has remained relevant through reinvention, must Lady Gaga use the same formula? And how, since she's already pure pop perfection? She exudes the essence of such seminal artists as: Warhol, Marilyn, Madonna, and David Bowie, to name a few.

We should just leave our lives behind and follow her tour with the hopes of becoming a member of her haus of gaga entourage.

If there's one woman I could pick to father my children, it would be her (besides you, of course)

XOXO
Jorge

Nicole M. said...

I hope she doesn't keep reinventing herself a la Madonna because she is perfect just as she is and her sound is so intertwined with her look.

I would actually dye my hair blonde if I could be in her entourage. Including my arm hair! Hey-yo!