Monday, March 16, 2009

Meh News of the Day


Andy Samberg, my almost Crush of the Year '08, will be hosting this year's MTV Movie Awards held on May 31st. I currently have mixed feelings as to whether to become excited or not. On one hand, when Andy is on he is on, but when he's not he fails loudly. To boot, MTV awards shows have become such trite bullsh*t that I always end up questioning my intelligence after watching them.

However, I've grown up with them, and they're sort of a desperate, trying-way-too-hard-to-still-be-relevant institution, and it's my obligation as a complainer to watch them and relish "the good old days" of MTV, if there ever really were any. I doubt I'll be liveblogging them, because so far I haven't been able to transfer tears onto the screen yet (or else my Watchmen post would have been soaked), but I will certainly have a wrap-up of the ultimate failure they will be, even if Andy is funny. Let's hope Justin Timberlake is free that night.

Image found via Google.

No comments: