Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sharpen Those Stilettos...


Here is a picture I found of the cast of the sure-to-be-legendary Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm not saying that I'm moving to New Jersey to stalk these women, but let's just say I've booked my ticket on the Jersey Express. The lowdown I have so far is that the season is premiering Tuesday, May 12th (I've already marked it on my calendar), three of the castmates are related (two are sisters, one is sister-in-law: aka Italian catfights!), one has a house with onyx decor, and one was the 14th person in the country to receive an American Express Black card (and the first woman in New Jersey to do so). It looks like there's only one single castmate, but you never know where the chips will fall, or in New Jersey's case, where in the state it will smell.

I really hope this show lives up to my expectations. And my expectations are: Lots of Juicy Couture sweatsuits; Lots of talk about "The Shore"; Lots of finger-wagging, eyebrow-dying, borderline Italian stereotypes shouting about; Lots of people yelling "Jerseyyyyyyyy" in the background or at least one person calling it "Dirty Jerz". A few Guido children circa "My New F-in' Haircut" wouldn't hurt either (see video below). Basically, my plea to the RHoNJ is: Bring the drama. BRING IT. Don't let Jersey down.

Language NSFW:



Image via ET Online. Video via College Humor.

No comments: